Monday, May 7, 2012

New Recipes

So I decided that I needed to start trying new recipes from my healthy cookbooks and the healthy websites I love. Today I made some healthy waffles. They turned out yummy! I put agave, blackberries, and bananas on top. I also made spaghetti squash with marinara sauce for dinner. It was also very tasty.

3 things I am grateful for today!
1- testimonies- a girl shared her testimony today and told a story about being asked once what she would do to have the best day of her life if money weren't an issue. She thought about going to New Zealand and some exotic trip. Then the person who asked her said would your best day involve scripture study, prayer, and temple attendance. I know that everyone will have a better day if they have daily scripture study, daily prayer, and attend the temple regularly. It was a good reminder to me to be consistent in my good habits.

2- My great family- I got to talk with my brother Bret. He is amazing and I miss being around him. I need to call him more often to talk. I also got to talk with my sister BJ and my Mom. I love the feeling I have when I talk with my family. I know they love me and want the best for me. I am so lucky to have such an amazing family.

3- Friends- I have been blessed to have good friends in my life. I love to make new friends but am lucky to have the friends that I have. Last weekend I was in San Antonio and spent some time with two of my very best friends. They are amazing women and I miss seeing them all the time. I also went to the temple and was able to visit with some of the wonderful, amazing people I used to volunteer with there. I imagine when I get to heaven I will have similar feelings because I will renew my relationships with the great people who I have had the privilige to associate with in this life. I had an overwhelming feeling of love for the people I used to work with and I felt their love for me.

3 comments:

The Mortensens said...

I miss seeing you all the time too! So glad you came to visit!

Shelly Linford said...

Janell,
I miss seeing you as well. I wish we were both married and living in the same city. I know we would have a blast. I guess God has other plans. Maybe in the future...

Shelly Linford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.