Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tender Mercies

Tender Mercies are in our lives every day if we just reflect and look for them.

One of the tender mercies of the day--- a call from my good friend.

I am blessed to have her in my life. I feel uplifted every time I talk with her. I count her among my most dear friends. She is going through some rough times. In spite of it all she is handling her trials valiantly. (A needed wake up call for me)

I am reminded of Joseph who was given the coat of many colors. He had major trials in his life.

---being thrown in a pit and sold by his brothers
---being accused of having an affair with Potiphar's wife
---being thrown into prison

His trials were not short lived. He CHOSE to STEP UP in every situation he was in.
Many lives were blessed through his faithfulness. I love how he ran from Potiphar's wife.

How am I responding to my trials. Am I stepping UP and making the best of the situations life deals me?

Sometimes,

Lately, I feel as if I am making baby steps rather than responding with BIG STEPS
having FAITH that GOD has a plan for my life and just like he used Joseph's life to bless the life of his family, he can use my life to bless others If I CHOOSE to LET HIM.

1 comment:

Elise said...

"Baby step...I'm baby steppin'. I'm doin' the work. Gimmie gimmie gimmie. I need. I need." lol...gotta love What About Bob! I think those big steps happen after the baby steps ;) You're amazing!!