Monday, January 16, 2012

Nutrition

I tried Quinoa for the first time today. I liked it. It is a healthy alternative to rice. My goal this year is to eat healthier. I have a good friend who is on a special diet due to her health problems. She eats gluten free and can't have anything with corn in it as well. She has been on this diet since May. I am so impressed with her dedication and hope she can find out soon the root of the problem.

Within the last few years I have thought a lot about nutrition. I am the first to admit that I have a sweet tooth. Sometimes I let it get out of hand. I believe that MODERATION is key when dealing with sweets. Some epiphanies I have had the last few years are..........

Processed food is generally not very healthy

Raw food is good for you

Your body feels better when you are eating healthier

80% of weight loss is diet not exercise (Maybe not 80 but it is still the majority of the reason you are or are not losing or maintaining your weight)

Water, Water, Water----Drink lots of it

If you don't know what an ingredient is, it is PROBABLY not good for you

I am planning on reading some books by Jillian Michaels to learn more about what I should be eating.

I decided that I need more time to make things homemade. Too many of the store bought products contain unhealthy ingredients.

No comments: