Saturday, January 14, 2012

Change the game

Just watched Moneyball. Great movie. A man named Billie Beane changed the way baseball was played. His team won 20 games in a row in 2002. He was recruited for the Boston Red Sox and they were going to pay him more than 2 million. He would have been the highest paid General Manager baseball had at the time. I loved how he chose to stay with the Oakland A's in part because his daughter lived in Cali. Money isn't everything.

Moneyball reminded me of Malcolm Gladwell. Love his writing. It is very inspiring and fascinating. I highly recommend him.

I had a hard time sleeping the other night so I downloaded some book samples to my kindle for iphone. My friend Mindy had recommended Jillian Michaels book Unlimited. But, before I read that I started reading the sample for the book she wrote on metabolism. I'll have to read it in it's entirety. According to what I have read so far my metabolism is out of whack.

Back to the movie. I think I need to change the game in some areas of my life. Just like the movie, some of what I'm doing isn't producing the results I would like. I need to make goals and stick to them.

Now for my master plan to CHANGE my GAME!

No comments: